INROADS CELEBRATES 50th ANNIVERSARY ON DEVELOPING CORPORATE LEADERS WITH VIRTUAL EVENT
Three-Day program will include a Welcome Reception, Alumni Recognition, and Career Expo and Diversity & Inclusion Summit.
ATLANTA (October 28, 2020) – On Wednesday, November 4th, 2020, INROADS will celebrate its 50th anniversary with a three-day virtual celebration, recognizing the company’s development of corporate community leaders nationwide. Beginning at 7 p.m. ET, the event will honor the manifestation of INROADS founder Frank C. Carr’s dream of changing the face of corporate leadership to include more diversity.
The Welcome Reception will introduce all INROADS guests and honors, while recognizing INROADS alumni who have amplified and embodied the organization’s mission. Followed by the Diversity & Inclusion “Disruptive Innovation” Summit, which will include workshops for professionals from corporate executives, industry thought leaders and influential voices shaping the diversity landscape. The event will conclude with a Career Expo that will provide an opportunity for attending INROADS partners to scout, screen, interview and hire diverse mid-level professionals.
“This year has proven that business as usual is no longer acceptable, as consumers demand private and public sector leaders take action against racial injustice,” said Forest T. Harper, Chief Executive Officer at INROADS. “The work we do has never been more important and regardless of who wins the election, INROADS will continue to fight for diversity in Corporate America and empower others to do the same.”
INROADS work is proving effective in closing America’s Racial Wealth Gap. Data will be revealed that provides evidence of INROADS’ impact. The organizations sponsoring and presenting key components of the celebration include Pfizer, Red Bull, and P&G’s Take On Race. Google is the technology sponsor for all three days of the virtual event. While additional sponsors of INROADS include Lockheed Martin, PwC, UHG, Chevron, Accenture, Home Depot, L3Harris, FedEx, Burson Cohen Wolf, UnitedHealth Group, Accenture, Lockheed Martin, Cetera, TIAA, AT&T. The main events will be composed of the following:
Welcome Reception & Alumni Recognition Powered by Red Bull
- Musical sounds provided by Sean Faylon, Be Everywhere.
- Frank C. Carr’s family will provide remarks and walk guests through a presentation.
- Event will be on Wednesday, November 4, 2020 from 7 p.m. to 8:25 p.m. ET.
“Disruptive Innovation” Diversity Summit Presented by P&G’s Take on Race
- A dynamic, highly interactive forum for professionals and academics focused on disrupting the impact of racial inequities in the workplace and across society.
- Keynote speaker will be Connie Lindsey, Northern Trust’s Head of Corporate Social Responsibility and Diversity and Inclusion.
- Other speakers include executives and D&I champions like:
- Hardmon Williams, Vice President, AT&T Believes & Community Engagement.
- Barron Witherspoon, Senior VP, Global Industry Affairs & Corporate Race Initiative, P&G.
- Melonie Parker, Chief Diversity Officer, Google. And more.
- Event will be on Thursday, November 5, 2020 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET.
INROADS Virtual Career Expo Sponsored by Pfizer
- Attendees will have direct access to top talent jobseekers from across the country. The Expo is open to all employers.
- Keynote speaker will be Sherry Cassano, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Finance, Global Business Services and Global Supply, Pfizer.
- Companies participating in the Expo include: Alvarez and Marsal, AT&T
Services, Inc., Brown and Caldwell, CapGemini, Citrix, ConocoPhillips, EA –
Eisneramper, GAF, Google, JPMC, L3 Harris, Lockton, Match Group, Inc.,
Meritage Homes, Nucor, P&G, Pfizer, Pure Insurance, Southern Company,
Sprinklr, TIAA, Truist, UHG, Viasat, Zendesk, Zoetis and more.
- Event will be on Friday, November 6, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. There will also be an ‘Opening Kick Off’ an hour before the event.
To register for the 50th anniversary event, please visit inroads.org/50thanniversarytickets/.
INROADS was founded 50 years ago. Inspired by the famed “I Have a Dream” speech, Frank Carr founded INROADS to remove career barriers to corporate opportunities for people of color. Today, INROADS is credited with establishing the Black middle class. With more than 40,000 alumni, INROADS is the largest nonprofit organization committed to leadership and career development for underserved and underrepresented talent in the world. INROADS has placed students in more than 154,000 paid internships throughout its history and graduated more than 40,000 alumni into full-time professional and leadership positions with more than 1,000 corporate partners. Currently, INROADS serves 800-1,300 interns and 200 corporate clients. Learn more at INROADS.org and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn: @INROADSInc and @INROADS