RESUME DEADLINE FOR SUMMER 2019 OPPORTUNTIES is FEBRUARY 28th 2019
Relocation Support will be provided for selected intern. Support includes a roundtrip flight, housing and transportation stipend.
- Student is not a current Federal employee.
- Student is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited college or university.
- Student is a recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an accredited college or university.
Student Applicant Resume Requirements
- Each student applicant must submit a formal resume, three references and a copy of their unofficial transcripts for consideration.
- Resumes must be submitted using INROADS template. Resumes not on the template will NOT be accepted as the BLM has requested certain data points.
Sample Resume Requirements:
I. A Headline. A well-branded headline that includes the student applicant’s full name and contact information such as a cell phone number, a home phone number, primary residence address, and both personal and school email addresses.
II. Professional Experience. Details about the organizations where the student applicant worked including the name of the organization, the location, the dates of employment, their position title, and a brief description of job duties. Avoid the use of acronyms.
III. Education. The name(s) of the accredited college, university, or community college where the student applicant was either previously enrolled or is currently enrolled. Include the location of the school(s) (city, state), date of actual graduation or anticipated graduation (month, year), degree(s), and grade point average.
IV. Volunteer Experience. Details about the organizations where applicants volunteered including the name of the organization, the location, the dates of volunteer work, position title if applicable, and a brief description of volunteer duties. Avoid the use of acronyms.
V. Certifications or Licenses. Include any relevant certifications or licenses.
VI. Awards, Honors, Activities. Include grants and scholarships, academic honors, and educational and professional affiliations.
VII. References. Include the full name, email address and phone number for at least one of each type of reference: professional, educational, and personal.