Join us for a beautiful evening of networking, dinner, entertainment and dancing as we celebrate those who have carried out the INROADS mission!
INROADS Benefit Gala
Presented by P&G
"Building A Legacy"
Thursday, May 17, 2018
Union Station (Presidential Suite & East Hall), Washington, DC 20001
Reception at 6:30 p.m.
Dinner & Program at 7:30 p.m.
Post Awards Celebration at 9:00 p.m.
The Mistress of Ceremonies for the evening will be veteran actress Ion Overman (CBS’ “Wisdom of the Crowd”). This year, our honorees include:
- Lifetime Achievement Awardee Will & Jada Smith Family Foundation (Jana Babatunde-Bey, WJSFF President to accept)
- Excellence in Leadership Awardee Tim Ryan (US Chairman and Senior Partner at PricewaterhouseCooper)
- Frank C. Carr Awardee Lockheed Martin
- Alumni of the Year Awardee Darryl Willis (VP Oil, Gas and Energy, Google Cloud at Google)
- Rising Star Awardee Caleb Tacuri (Research Fellow at United States Department of Defense)
From its founding in 1970 in business executive Frank C. Carr’s home city of Chicago, INROADS has grown into a nationally recognized 501 (c)(3) nonprofit, impacting the lives of over 154,000 youth.
This event celebrates the manifestation of the Frank C. Carr dream. Just over fifty years ago Mr. Carr, a prominent publishing executive based in Chicago, traveled to Washington, DC as an attendee of the March on Washington in August 1963. After hearing Martin Luther King’s speech about the dream he had for America, Frank Carr returned to Chicago with a mission in mind. Carr believed that Martin Luther King’s dream could become a reality and began plotting a course that would change the face of corporate leadership. In 1970, Carr founded INROADS and his legacy began. INROADS believes the changes in our culture and history we see today reflect Frank Carr’s vision of diversity.
For additional information about the Benefit Gala contact Zuleemah Edwards at zedwards@INROADS.org.